Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some More Books

33. Hard to Get by Emma Carlson Berne fun ro-com by Simon Pulse--very escapist
34. 12 Dates of Christmas--Catherine Hapka fun ro-com by Simon Pulse very escapist
35. The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott--I had been anxious to read this book, and I enjoyed it. It was a quick and easy read, fun and a different take on things.
36. Art Geeks and Prom Queens by Alyson Noel I got this because I enjoyed Evermore (the immortals series, and I'm waiting for book two from the library) and it was okay. The story was okay, but I got put off by how wishy washy the main character was and the extent of drinking and drugs in the book--especially since the M.C. supposedly didn't do any of that stuff before she moved. It was too big of a change for me.
37. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules-- very fun. Caleb loves this, and we are reading the next. He says will you read me Wimp? What about Wimp? The kids really enjoyed the movie as well. Although it was difficult to have a main character that is difficult to like the entire time.
38. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins--totally fun story of a boarding school with paranormal elements. I kept thinking about this story, and I still am, so it's interesting.
39. The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti--I've really enjoyed all of her books. The books are contemporary Young Adult books, most are set in the Seattle area, but they talk about real issues, and real concerns. They really make you think.
40. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott--I enjoyed it. It made me think about things--all of her books do, but this one also had happiness in it, while some of her books don't.

Rereads (just to track how many books I really read)
3. Heist Society
4. Little Lady Agency
5. The Truth About Forever

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mim you are almost half way ther. I think I will try some of your books to read.

    ReplyDelete