Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hunger Games and The Lighting Thief

I completed Hunger Games while I was visiting my daughter Mim. Both Sarah and Mim had already read it. So I decided to complete the quest. However I did not like the book nearly as much as they did. I know from looking up the most reccomended books for Young Adult it is at the top of the list. I did not like it. The book was too predictable I new what was going to happen from beginning to end. To me some parts just dragged out. Sarah compared it to Ender's Game. It was not nearly as good, for all you readers that like the book I will read her second book and let you know. It will be intresting to hear from Mim and Sarah.
I just completed reading Lighting Thief. I did like this book. It is for a middle school reader. It did keep you guessing what would happen in the end. I would reccomend this book to middle school readers and English teachers alike. I am currently reading the sequel.
I really need to go back to classics though I love the feel of classics and the challenge. I do like to switch to all kinds of reads. Have a good read

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I really think Hunger Games is one of the best books I've read in a long, long time. It's the kind of book you can't put down and walk away from. I adore it.

    I enjoyed The Lightening Thief. The entire series is good and I love the payoff in book 5. Great series too, but I'd rank Hunger Games above it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Way Is hunger games better and why don't you post to this blog your comment. I will read the seques to Hunger Games but for now I stand as I said

    ReplyDelete