Monday, January 18, 2010

A New Week: Grown Up Books

Having taken offense I ventured off into the other side of the library.

4. The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne Totally fun, and funny chick lit. The key is that it is very, very, very clean. It's the first in the series

5. The Little Lady and the Big Apple by Hester Browne. Again quite enjoyable and fun read. I adore Mel. Great character.

6. Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher. I picked her up while I was in the grown up section of the library because Aunt Mary gave me a wonderful book Winter's Solstice written by her. It was an all right book. I was a little disappointed in the character development and how everything tied up a bit too neatly without any of the characters really getting to know each other.

And I have more grown up books to read, but Mom I challenge you to read some more YA. Quite honestly a lot of what I read has more development and exploration and themes and purpose and point, than the books I just read. So don't knock my genre! But that said you must check out Hester Browne.

Cheers and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment